Ranking The Top Auto Insurers
Who are the best insurance companies?
That’s a great question. As simple as it sounds there are a lot of factors involved.
Below you will find a list of, what we have determined to be, the highest rated car insurance companies serving Chicago. Our ratings default to an overall score which is an aggregate of J.D. Power, A.M. Best, Standard & Poor and Moody’s company ratings. Rating criteria for each source are as follows:
- J.D Power – Polled opinion from a sample of consumers who have used the service.
- A.M. Best – Credit Rating
- S&P – Credit Rating
- Moody’s – Credit Rating
As you can see the overall score is skewed by financial stability which is a major factor for an insurance product. Scores are shown in the box at the top right of each listing. We have also provided a drop down field if you would like to sort by an individual rating source.
Note: These ratings are specifically for auto. We are working to add home, life and health shortly.
Less than perfect driving record?
- Fast, anonymous quotes
- Instant proof of insurance
- For drivers with accidents, violations, no prior insurance
Progressive Insurance - #1 Rated Website
- Take advantage of E-sign, Safe Driver, Pay-in-full, Multi-Car and other Discounts
- Fast, easy and reliable claims service available 24 hours a day
- Bundle your auto and home policies for additional savings
Save on YOUR Car Insurance
- Compare prices and coverages side by side
- Shop anytime, anywhere. Save Time and Money.
- See how much you can save!